Music Ministry Director
Cathedral Parish of St Michael and St John
Location: Bathurst NSW
- 12-month contract with an option of a further 12 months with favourable feedback and results.
- 18 hours per week (Two and a half days equivalent, flexible)
- This role will require availability on weekends and after hours.
The role of Music Ministry Director (MMD) is to support the existing members of the music ministry in the Cathedral Parish and foster the growth, formation and technical expertise of the music ministry as well as fulfil the role of Cathedral Children’s Choir Director, and possibly Cathedral Choir Director.
The duties of the MMD are to be carried out in the spirit of collaboration with the Cathedral Parish Team.
- An understanding of Christian worship and the important role music has in enhancing liturgies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organise, participate in and at times lead meetings across the parish.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the parish with an extensive group of volunteers and parish workers to enhance the liturgy within the parish.
- Technical skills in maintaining, managing and utilising parish resources associated with music ministry.
- Competent personal musical skills, with the ability to play an instrument, sing and experience conducting others.
- Experience in rostering, annual audits and report preparation.
- Skills in forming others to improve their own skillset.
- Ability to work with Parish Liturgy groups and the Dean of the Cathedral to carry out the parish’s vision of music ministry.
The position requires a current NSW Working with Children Check.
To apply please send your resume and covering letter to:
PO Box 9,
Bathurst NSW 2795
For more information please contact Fr Paul Devitt, 6331 3066
Applications close 4.00pm, Monday 16th December 2019
Kimberley Catholic Volunteer Service
URGENTLY WANTED: VOLUNTEER WORKERS- KALUMBURU AND LA GRANGE/BIDYADANGA
The Diocese of Broome, WA, requires volunteers to assist with the work of the local Church in the Kimberley. There are various important voluntary tasks: administration, building maintenance, gardening, shop staffing, cooking, cleaning etc.
Placements are preferred for a period of 6 months. We are currently seeking volunteers for several parishes including Kalumburu and La Grange/Bidyadanga.
For further details on how to be a part of this unique experience, and an application form, please contact:
URGENT APPEAL FOR SRE TEACHERS (CATECHISTS)
Throughout the Diocese of Bathurst, there is a shortage of volunteers for the Ministry of Catechist - to teach in the many public schools in our Diocese. Catechists and Assistants are needed at every State primary school for 2019.
Please give consideration to assisting in this vital work.
If you would like to Volunteer to be a Catechist or an Assistant at the Public Schools in your area, please contact your Parish Office.
We celebrate the work the Catechists and Assistants do every year on Catechist Sunday.
Please ring your Parish Office if you would like to know more about the role of Catechists in your Parish.