Connect@home - Daily readings, resources and Mass online
It would be beautiful to see the flourishing of “a new season of greater love for sacred Scripture on the part of every member of the People of God, so that their prayerful and faith-filled reading of the Bible will, with time, deepen their personal relationship with Jesus” (Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Verbum Domini, 72).
(remove XX) Connect XX @hom XX e is a range of resources to assist parishioners with worship at home.
One element of (remove XX) Connect XX @hom XX e is a daily email provided by the Catholic Diocese of Bathurst. It invites individuals to enter daily into the beauty and power of the Scriptures. It offers a chance to be nourished and formed by the Word of God, especially in a time when gathering as a community for Mass is not possible.
The Church teaches that Christ is truly present in the Eucharist, in a community of two or more gathered in his name and when the Scriptures are read or proclaimed.
Each morning, you will receive an email with a link to the daily readings set by the Church and a short reflection and prayer. You could do this sacred reading on your own, or with members of your household.
This is a chance for us as a local church to connect with one another and with Jesus Christ, the Word made flesh, who is with us in all we are going through.
Online Mass services are available for you to view at home in the following ways:
- Fortnightly Sunday Mass at 9.00am from the Parish of Mary of the Presentation, Mudgee, is available on Facebook HERE
- Fortnightly Sunday Mass at 8.00am will be celebrated at St Raphael's Parish, Cowra for details of dates and to watch visit Facebook HERE
- Mass for You at Home is available across the Ten Network on Sundays at 6am and any time on TenPlay
- Daily Mass on Demand is available at CathNews YoutTube channel
The following resources are also available to assist parishioners to worship in your home:
- (remove XX) Pray XX @hom XX e prayer resource
- Pentecost Sunday- Powerpoint
- Connection: Faith and Life podcast
- Spiritual Communion Service
- Liturgy and prayer resources from the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference.
- Daily Mass readings